Saturday, February 14, 2015

Picture This

Picture this --
A loving father, slowly pacing,
Patting the babe in his arms,
Attempting to console.
“There, there, my child, I have you.
You are safe here.”
Sobbing slows, the weary head falls
To nestle, gently,
In the crook of Love’s arms,
Beneath the jaw line of Safety.

Picture this --
A loving father, slowly pacing,
Watching his children at play,
Watching playfulness turn to anger.
“Oh, no, my children! Turn away!
Return home again.”
They choose not to hear. His wearied gaze remains,
Ever-watchful.
Love’s arms reach out in entreaty..
“Repent! Return to Safety.”

Picture this --
The loving father, slowly pacing,
Watching the clock. The child had called!
“I’m coming home, Dad.
I’m sorry. Please, wait for me?”
The moment of arrival, Love’s arms reach out,
Enfolding errant child, safely home.
Tears coursing down each one’s cheeks
Cleansing all past sorrows,
Forgiveness soaking in.

Now, picture this--
Father, child. Reconnected!
Love reached out --
To you, His beloved child,
Resting weary head between His shoulders
You are held safely in His arms,
Once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment