Thursday, June 17, 2021

Through All Problems

I do not need to take all past problems with me,

              To take them out, examine them again,

              To cut myself once more on their sharp edges.

If only I would learn

              To ask God’s aid to guide me through --

                            Around, over, or through all difficulties --

              Clear to the other side;

              And then to leave all problems behind me,

                            In God’s more than capable hands.

 

God does not look for perfection in my life,

              For He, Himself, is perfect.

He does, though, ask for my persistence.

              That, once repented and forgiven,

              I persist in desiring Him above all else.

              Because He is with me,

He will guide me through all problems--

              If I but remember to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment